TV set and access to informative and entertaining channels is something most of us can’t imagine our lives without anymore. This commodity may not be of existential importance, however, it surely helps us stay informed, educated, and entertained.
That said, it is important to enabling each and every one of us to have access to these features. Since TV deals and packages can be quite expensive, we really appreciate companies like Comcast, which are providing extremely affordable plans to those who cannot afford to spend much on cable TV.
As such, we decided to devote today’s article to Comcast’s low-income cable TV. We will cover all the ins and outs of this affordable option. By the end of the article, you will know whether this is an option that you may want to consider and what should be your next steps. This means we will tell you all about the qualifying requirements, how to apply, and other details one needs to use Comcast low-income cable TV.
Are you ready to dig in? Let’s do this.
Xfinity & Comcast
Since there is often a lot of confusion regarding these two brands, we want to start by clearing this. Xfinity is just a specific branding part of the Comcast through which they provide Internet and TV services. When it comes to cable TV offers, you can go with their Xfinity plans or select the one the offer directly as Comcast.
That said, you now know that Xfinity is Comcast’s brand and thus one and the same company.
Main Benefits of Comcast low-income cable TV
As explained in the following section, the most affordable option is to go for both Comcast low-income cable TV and internet services at the same time. Below is a full list of main benefits that Comcast low-income cable TV offers.
- It makes a TV/Internet combo very affordable
- TV signal is constant and reliable
- Setup is very easy to maintain and simple to install
- Their equipment does not require too much technical knowledge from users
- You are able to get cable TV and internet at the same time
Who Qualifies for Comcast Low Income Cable TV?
Unlike with the internet deal, where Comcast offers a special package called “Internet Essentials” for low-income households, the do not have anything of that sort for cable.
That said, it is now best to go for Xfinity’s Internet Essentials and combine it with their affordable cable TV deals. That way you get both, internet access and TV shows at extremely affordable prices.
That said, we will present you with Xfinity’s Internet Essentials qualifications in the following section. If you do not want an internet connection and are only interested in Comcast Low Income Cable TV, we must disappoint you that there are no special deals, aside from their already affordable ones, which we will also present herein.
Internet Essential is only $9.95 per month plus TAX, which makes it the most affordable internet deals on the market.
If you want to knew about others low income cable TV visit Cheap Cable TV For Low-Income
Xfinity’s Internet Essentials – Qualifying
You can qualify for Internet Essentials if you:
- Are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available.
- Are not an existing Xfinity Internet customer and have not subscribed to Comcast Internet within the last 90 days.
- Have no outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than one year old. Families with outstanding debt that’s more than one year old may still be eligible.*
*Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency, households with outstanding debt owed to Comcast may be eligible for Internet Essentials. We are waiving this qualification if you are approved by December 31, 2020. After December 31, standard eligibility rules apply.
How to apply for Xfinity’s Internet Essentials
The entire process is done via 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Qualify – Check the previous section to ensure that you meet the qualifying requirements.
Step 2: Submit Your Application Online -Signing up is easy and fast. You can do it from your mobile device. Visit apply.internetessentials.com to submit your application. It shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes.
Step 3: Get Approved – Comcast/Xfinity will review your completed application and let you know through text message, email, or regular mail if you are approved. If they need documentation, the fastest way to submit is to take a picture with your phone and upload it directly to the application.
Step 4: Get Online – If your application is approved, you could have a home Internet connection in five to seven business days. There is a step-by-step guide included with your Internet equipment, which you will use to set up your service. If you need any assistance, you can always count on Comcast customer support.
If all is in order, you will be able to enjoy an extremely affordable internet connection and a TV package. However, since there might be some of you, who are not interested in the internet and only want Comcast low-income cable TV, we are presenting you with detail on their TV packages below.
If you want to knew about Comcast Low Income internet visit Comcast Internet for Low Income
Comcast Low Income Cable TV Deals
At this point, you already know that Comcast does not offer specially discounted TV deal options for low-income households. However, they decided to make their TV deal more affordable for everyone. Herein, you will learn more details about those plans, which should help you determine whether or not this is something that you might want for your home.
Xfinity Basic Plan – Flex
The best thing about Xfinity Flex is that it is Included with your Internet. You get their 4K streaming TV box + Voice Remote at no extra cost. You can also return Flex anytime.
Flex lets you enjoy 20,000+ hours of movies and shows with Peacock Premium, on the house (it is included for free).
- Peacock, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, HBO, YouTube, ESPN3, EPIX, AMC +, STARZ, CBS All Access, and more
- Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, XITE, NPR One, Cheddar News, and weather
- Even rent popular movies On Demand, including at-home theatrical releases
- Search less. Watch more. In one place. Easily search across Peacock and subscriptions like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and HBO®. Without switching apps or TV inputs. Plus watch favorites in 4K Ultra HD.
- Easy setup. 24/7 tech support. Just plug into your TV, connect to your Internet, and start streaming. Need assistance? We’ve got your back with 24/7 online support and easy troubleshooting.
Xfinity Most Popular and Affordable Cable TV Plan – X1
If you want to experience the best of the best that Xfinity has to offer, then you will need to consider their new X1 plan. This is still extremely affordable and it will cost you $40 per month on top of your Internet Essentials, which is
The live networks you love, like ABC, NBC, Fox, and more. Plus the DVR you need. Easily control it all with our award-winning Voice Remote, and watch on the Xfinity Stream app. You can even enjoy streaming apps like Peacock right on your TV.
Get the company’s most complete, full-spectrum TV experience. And easily search across everything instantly with our award-winning Voice Remote.
- 100s of channels, DVR, 4K Ultra HD
- Most free shows & movies On Demand
- Streaming apps & music in one place
- Peacock Premium included (a $4.99/mo value)
- With X1 you get to kick back with exclusive Originals, mega-hit movies, shows, and more on Peacock. Plus, you can stream your Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and NPR One.
- X1 can be personalized for the teams you love, Sports Zone is a must-have for die-hards. Reminders. Stats. Suggestions. And much more is included and available for your use.
- Screen time, simplified (and secured!) With easy Parental Controls, and age-appropriate shows & movies on Kids Zone.
- Voice commands, TV guide, and Voice Guidance in English and Spanish. Plus enhanced closed captioning.
- Optional: DVR anything, anytime on your TV, and on the Xfinity Stream app. Just add DVR service at checkout. Record up to 5 shows while watching another. Never run out of space with 500 GB of storage. Schedule and watch recordings on the go, download to enjoy offline
- Optional: SPOTIFY IS NOW ON X1. Search for the music you love, or listen to something new. Just say “Spotify” into your Voice Remote to discover millions of songs available instantly on X1.
If you got to this point, you know pretty much all there is to know about the Comcast low-income cable TV. You know that in 2020 the most affordable TV plans are the ones online, which you can leverage via Xfinity’s Internet Essentials, which is their low-income internet plan. That way you can use their Flex plan free of charge. You’ve also learned that aside from the Internet Essentials plan, Comcast doesn’t offer any low-income cable TV options.
We hope you will make the most of the information provided herein.
If you want to knew about Free Satellite TV visit How To Get Free Satellite TV
If you want to knew about Local Channels Without Cable visit How to Get Local Channels Without Cable