Does T-Mobile Offer Free Tablets?
T-Mobile is one of the three largest carriers in the U.S. The company offers cell phone services, versatile plans, and many different electronic devices, including cell phones and tablets. T-Mobile also offers subscribers access to their nationwide 4G LTE and 5G network, which happens to be the largest 5G network in the country.
T-Mobile is known for offering many attractive deals and special offers on phones, smartwatches, and tablets. Some of these deals enable customers to receive a discounted or even free tablet. However, certain conditions tend to apply. For example, most of these special offers require the customers to add a new tablet line or to sign a lengthy contract with the provider.
In addition, T-Mobile is also a proud provider of the Emergency Broadband Benefit, through which eligible low-income households can get discounted or free internet connectivity. T-Mobile’s EBB program also allows qualifying subscribers to receive tablet data and a free tablet.
As such, there are two ways to get a T-Mobile free tablet – through a special offer or through their EBB program.
In Which Areas Currently T-Mobile Offers Free Tablets?
T-Mobile offers free tablets through both their frequent special offers and their Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. As T-Mobile is a nationwide carrier, it offers its deals and EBB discounts in most U.S. states, including Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
In case you also need information Free Tablet From The Government
How to Get T-Mobile Free Tablet?
T-Mobile Free Tablet Through a Special Offer
One way to get a T-Mobile free tablet or a considerably discounted one is to get a special deal. Getting a discounted or free tablet through a special offer often requires the customer to sign up for the provider’s services for a long time or to add a tablet line.
Currently, T-Mobile offers two deals on tablets. You can get the following models:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite at $0.00 down payment and $0.00 a month for 24 months. The regular full price of the device is $199.99.
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go at $0.00 down payment and $8.29 a month for 24 months. The regular full price of the device is $359.99.
If you cancel your wireless service, the remaining balance of the device becomes due. Qualifying service is also required.
T-Mobile’s special offers on tablets tend to change often, as such, it’s best to check out their update deals on tablets at t-mobile.com/tablets/deals/special-offer.
T-Mobile Free Tablet Through T-Mobile’s EBB Program
As mentioned before, T-Mobile is also an EBB provider.
EBB or Emergency Broadband Benefit is a government assistance program by the FCC designed to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through its EBB program, T-Mobile is helping government agencies, higher education organizations, and libraries temporarily provide internet connectivity to households affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. However, the EBB program is only temporary and the Federal Government will end it as of December 31, 2021.
How to Qualify T-Mobile EBB Program
To participate in T-Mobile’s EBB program and thus get a chance to receive a free tablet, you must be EBB-eligible. You can qualify for T-Mobile’s EBB program if you or one member of your household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program or another government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, or SSI.
- Have an annual household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Documents Needed for T-Mobile EBB Program
During the application process, you may be required to provide certain documents that can verify your identity or prove your eligibility, such as:
- An official document to prove a qualifying assistance program participation (for example, approval letter, benefit verification letter, benefit award letter, etc.)
- An official document that confirms that your annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (for example, last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits, etc.)
- Identity verification document (for example, a state ID, U.S. driver’s license, SSN, passport, etc.)
- Address documentation and duplicate address
- An official document showing substantial loss of income
- An official document showing that you are either 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
How to Apply T-Mobile EBB Program
To apply for T-Mobile’s EBB program and free tablet, follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Visit t-mobile.com/business/government/state-local-government/emergency-broadband-benefit.
- Step 2: Agencies can enroll by pressing ‘Get started’ under the ‘Agencies contact us’ section on the website.
Households, on the other hand, can register by pressing the ‘Sign up’ button under the ‘Households register’ section. Households are required to sign up on the National Verifier Program website and provide required information to show that they are eligible. If approved, they will receive an email confirmation and the discounted plan and tablet.
Read one of our past articles Straight Talk Emergency Broadband Benefit
What Are the Benefits if I Qualify for the T-Mobile EBB Program?
In case you qualify and successfully enroll in the T-Mobile EBB program, you will have two options:
- You can either get a no-cost hotspot with 10 GB of high-speed data on T-Mobile’s network. This is a great option for households who have existing laptops or tablets to provide them with Wi-Fi on a Franklin T9 hotspot. Video streaming is typically available at DVD quality (480p).
- Or you can get a T-Mobile free tablet with unlimited data on T-Mobile’s network. This option provides households that don’t have internet with:
- Unlimited tablet data
- 20GB of hotspot data on T-Mobile’s network
- A Moxee Tablet or Alcatel Joy Tab 2.
During times of congestion, customers on this plan that are using more than 100 GB a month may notice reduced speeds until the next billing cycle due to data prioritization. You can activate HD streaming (max. 1080p), otherwise, video streaming is typically available at 480p.
Are There Any Restrictions for T-Mobile Free Tablets?
If you get a T-Mobile free tablet through a special deal, the following restrictions may apply:
- You must have credit approval.
- You must get a deposit.
- You must get a qualifying service.
- $30 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required.
- You may be required to sign a contract and to add a tablet line.
If you get a T-Mobile free tablet through its EBB program, the following restrictions may apply:
- You can only get a new tablet if you are EBB-eligible (see the eligibility requirements above).
- You cannot choose the tablet, as this offer is subject to product availability.
- You must understand that this is a limited-time promotional offer and that T-Mobile’s EBB program will end on December 31, 2021.
- The offer may vary depending on the state and availability.
- T-Mobile’s EBB benefits are only available to one person per household.
- It is a one-time offer and the device is non-transferable.
Which Tablet Brands Does T-Mobile Offer for Free?
If you get a T-Mobile free tablet through a special deal, you can currently get one of the following two tablet models at a low price or for free:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go
As T-Mobile’s special offers on tablets tend to change often, as such, it’s best to check out their update deals on tablets at mobile.com/tablets/deals/special-offer.
If you get a T-Mobile free tablet through their EBB program, you can currently get one of the following two tablet models:
- A Moxee Tablet
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
Keep in mind that you cannot choose the tablet, as this offer is subject to product availability. In addition, the offer may vary depending on the state and availability.
T-Mobile also offers several other tablets, however, these devices are not free of charge. Other T-Mobile tablets include:
- Apple iPad 9th gen
- Apple iPad 6th gen
- Apple iPad 11-inch 3rd gen
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4
- Apple iPad Air
- Samsung Galaxy Book S
- LG G Pad 5 10.1 FHD
Alternative Ways to Get Free Tablets for Low-Income Families From Charities and Non-profit Organizations
In the event that you are unwilling to commit to T-Mobile services for a long time and thus unable to get a special deal on a tablet and if you are not eligible for their EBB free tablet (or have missed the offer), there are still some other alternative ways to get free tablets, especially for low-income families. Indeed, low-income families can get free or discounted government tablets from charities and non-profit organizations.
For example, volunteers at charities and non-profit organizations sometimes receive a free PC, laptop, or tablet. Thrift stores regularly donate used tablets to their staff members and people in need. Several charities also offer free tablets (either new or used ones) to people who can’t afford one. Churches and other religious institutions and groups are also known to offer free tablets for both low-income households and households with students. In addition, students from low-income families may also be able to receive a free or discounted tablet at school.
The programs and organizations that offer free or discounted tablets for low-income people include:
- Ctac-Computer Technology Assistance Corps
- The Salvation Army
- With Reasons
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
- The On It Foundation
- Technology Assisting People In Need
- World Computer Exchange
- Computers For Learning
- Komputers 4 Kids
- Accelerated Schools Programs
- Public Libraries
- Local Churches
- Search for used or refurbished tablets, as many companies may offer them for free
- Federation of Italian American Organizations of Brooklyn offers free tablets for Kings County seniors
You can read one of our past articles Free Tablet with Food Stamps Program
Benefits of Free Tablets for Low-income People
If you come from a low-income family and are unable to purchase a tablet at a full price, receiving a free one from a carrier like T-Mobile or from a charity or non-profit organization would probably make your life simpler in various different ways. Benefits of receiving a free tablet for low-income people include:
- Getting a free tablet helps low-income individuals and families stay in touch with family members and friends.
- Receiving a free tablet through an EBB program provides internet access and thus enables low-income people to take online courses, read books, studies, and articles available on the internet, get an online education, and learn new skills.
- It enables students to apply for scholarships and education programs.
- Getting a free tablet enables people to apply for jobs.
- Receiving a free tablet also enables people to do their jobs and earn money.
- It enables people to monitor their health and stay in touch with health care providers.
- Getting a free tablet provides more advanced communication equipment that can in many ways replace a cell phone.
- In short, by providing more communication, work, education, and other options, a free tablet may improve the quality of life.
FAQ for T-Mobile Free Tablets
Does T-Mobile Charge Any Cost for Free Tablets?
Yes. Due to FCC requirements all tablets purchased through an EBB program at any provider, cannot be completely free of charge. Instead, due to regulations, the customer is required to pay a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50. T-Mobile free tablets received through a special offer, on the other hand, also tend to come with certain taxes, fees, and other expenses.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a T-Mobile Free Tablets?
It depends on your state of residence and availability. However, T-Mobile usually ships out its products in a couple of days. How long it may take for you to receive the device depends on where you live.
Does T-Mobile Give Free Phones?
Yes. While T-Mobile’s EBB program doesn’t provide any free phones, the company does offer free phones to new and existing customers by activating a new line. Read more at t-mobile.com/offers/free-cell-phone-with-plan. T-Mobile also offers some other deals on free phones. You can check them out at mobile.com/offers/deals-hub#phone.
Can I Use Any SIM Card on T-Mobile Free Tablets?
T-Mobile tablets, just like their phones, tend to be locked, which means that you can only use them with T-Mobile SIM cards. It’s best to opt for a 3-in-1 SIM card that fits all LTE and GSM tablets, hotspots, and wearables. The kit includes a Nano SIM card with Micro and Standard SIM adapters.
Does T-Mobile Tablet Have a Hotspot?
All T-Mobile tablets are hotspot capable. In addition, if you are EBB-eligible, you can opt for the EBB plan that offers a free tablet, unlimited tablet data, and 20GB of hotspot data on T-Mobile’s network.