In today’s article, you will learn all you need to know about the Spectrum TV app on Firestick. The information provided below will enable you to make use of Spectrum TV subscription and Amazon’s Firestick device, which combined will give you access to countless streaming content, hundreds of TV channels, and more.
That said, this article is best suited for users that already have at least one of the two services involved (Spectrum TV or Amazon Firestick, or both). You will learn all the most important information and most importantly, you will learn how to get Spectrum TV on Firestick.
So, are you ready to dig in? Let’s do this.
Why Install The Spectrum App On Firestick?
In this section, we will cover the main benefits of installing the Spectrum app on Firestick, which will enable you to decide if that is something you want to take action on. However, before we can focus on the benefits, let’s make sure we are all on the same page and know the basics.
So, what is the Amazon Firestick? It is a small USB device. It needs to be plugged into your TV’s HDMI port and it allows you to access all the content and entertainment provided by Amazon Prime. This includes movies, shows, music, photos, games, and more. Though, you need to keep in mind that in order to make use of the Amazon Firestick, you need the Amazon Prime subscription (t.i. membership in form of a monthly fee).
Now, why would you want to get Spectrum app on Firestick? Well, Amazon Prime is solid, however, the amount of content you get with the Spectrum app is way, way, way better. And if you already have a Spectrum plan, you will not need to pay any extra to use all the benefits of the Spectrum app. By learning how to get Spectrum TV on Firestick, you will be able to access all the Spectrum TV content via the Firestick.
Read one of our past articles about Best IPTV Service for Firestick
The main benefits of Spectrum TV app:
- Spectrum TV app is one of the best streaming services available these days.
- You can use the Spectrum TV app to watch your favorite content on multiple devices.
- Spectrum TV app enables advanced categorization, which enables you to search and find what you want to watch fast and with ease.
- You can easily add your favorite movies, shows, or TV channels, for easy access to watch them again later.
- Spectrum app enables you to easily control parental loc. You can seamlessly lock different channels and mature content.
- It also lets you modify the DVR settings with ease. Recording, deleting, or modifying your DVR settings is very simple with the Spectrum app.
- All content on Spectrum TV App is updated daily, so you have always access to the latest shows, movies, and news
- Spectrum TV app lets you watch live TV, movies, and TV shows anywhere anytime.
- Around 250 live TV channels available.
- Around 50,000 on-demand TV shows and movies.
- The app enables you to choose a default channel that will play automatically after signing in.
- Access to the TV Guide to get useful tips on the Guide Screen.
- Aside from using the Spectrum app on your Firestick, you can install it on your iOS or Android mobile device and then mirror the content to your TV, either directly via HDMI cable or using a wireless screen mirroring feature (if your TV supports it).
How To Create A Login Username/password To Sign In To The Spectrum TV App?
In order to use the Spectrum TV app, you will need to create your login username and password (your account). To create it, visit Spectrum’s homepage (spectrum.net), then click the ‘Create a Username’ option and follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure to remember your login detail.
Once you have created your login account, use the details to sign in to your Spectrum TV app.
Change Default Settings Before You Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick
The exact method on how to get the Spectrum TV app on Firestick will vary depending on your location. More details on that in the ‘How to download and install spectrum app on Firestick?’ section.
That said, not all methods require the settings to be changed, however, to put you all in the same basket, we advise you all to perform the steps listed below. As such, you will be able to use the Spectrum TV app on Firestick, no matter which exact method will be applicable for you.
The steps to take to change the settings accordingly:
- Turn on your Firestick
- Use the remote to navigate to Settings
- Make sure to select your input properly. In many cases, it is something like ‘My Fire TV.’
- Go to ‘Developer Options’
- Toggle on (enable) the ‘Apps from Unknown Source’ (this is disabled by default)
- Toggle on (enable) ‘ADB Debugging’ (this is disabled by default)
Note: When enabling the above two options, you will receive a warning message or sign, just confirm it and don’t worry about it.
If you’ve completed the above steps, you are now ready to install the Spectrum TV app on your Firestick.
How to Download and Install Spectrum App on Firestick?
In this section, you will learn about all the most popular and working methods to install the Spectrum TV app on Forestick. We will first cover the simplest and easiest way and move on to alternative methods. Chose the one that matches your situation.
If you are not sure which method to use, simply start with the first one and then move on if it doesn’t work for you.
Using Amazon App Store
Amazon Firestick has its own app store, where you can find many apps and install them. This is by far the simplest and fastest way. When it comes to the Spectrum TV app, it is available in the Amazon app store only in certain locations (due to strict and restricted policy most users won’t be able to use this method).
The steps to take to install Spectrum TV app on Firestick using Amazon app store:
- Navigate to the Amazon app store.
- Use the search box and enter the ‘Spectrum TV app’.
- Then select the Spectrum TV App from the list of results.
- Download the Spectrum TV app, by clicking the action button for the download. That will initiate the download process. As the download completes, the Firestick will automatically install the app.
- All that is left to do, is to open the Spectrum TV app. Simply click on the open button, sign in and enjoy it.
This is the first alternative option, we would like to point out. If the above steps didn’t work for you, follow the steps herein and you should be able to enjoy what the Spectrum TV app has to offer on Firestick in no time.
The steps to take to install Spectrum TV app on Firestick using Downloader:
- Use your Firestick to access the Amazon app store search option and type in the ‘Downloader App’. Download it and the installation process will be automatically completed.
- Go and open the app we just installed.
- Type the download URL of the Spectrum TV app (APK versions of the app) for Firestick in the search bar of the app and click the ‘GO’ button. The two most popular URLs are bit.ly/2F9SYnh or bit.ly/2CvjN4j. Make sure to use the correct URL addresses.
- After the previous step, the app will initiate downloading. Simply wait for the download to be completed.
- After the download has been finished, the app will automatically appear on the installation screen of the Firestick.
- To proceed with the installation, you must click the ‘Install’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- After the installation has been completed, click ‘Open’ to launch the Spectrum TV App on your Firestick.
- Sign in to the Spectrum TV App and enjoy.
Note: As the Spectrum TV app may not be available in all regions (as described in the previous subsection), the Downloader app may also have limited access in certain places. If that is the case, do not worry. Just proceed to the next option.
Using ES File Explorer
In case non of the above two options worked for you (most likely due to geo-restrictions), we surely hope that ‘ES File Explorer’ will be your saver. So let’s have a look at the exact steps you need to take to make it work.
The steps to take to install the Spectrum TV app on Firestick using ES File Explorer:
- Use your Firestick menu to Open ES File Explorer.
- Look for the Downloader icon on the home screen of the app. Do you see it?
- Click on the ‘+ New’ button, which will enable you to enter the download URL.
- Now, enter the Spectrum TV app download URL (APK versions of the app) (bit.ly/2F9SYnh or bit.ly/2CvjN4j). Also add the name, ‘Spectrum TV App.’
- Click the ‘Download Now’ button and wait for the download to be completed.
- After the download is finished, click the ‘Open File’ option.
- You will see the ‘Install’ option. Click on it to open the file, which will also open the installation screen on Firestick.
- Make sure to click the ‘Install’ button again and thus begin the installation of the Spectrum TV app. Wait for the installation to be completed.
- Once the app is installed, click the ‘Open’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Log in to your Spectrum TV app and start enjoying the Spectrum TV App on your Amazon Firestick.
Note: Keep in mind that the Spectrum TV app isn’t a part of the Amazon App Store in all regions. That is why the alternative methods were given. This fact may also cause you to experience some navigational issues. To overcome those problems, use mouse toggle on Firestick as it will provide you a better navigation.
Using Android is another rather fast and simple way to ‘sideload’ the Spectrum TV app on the Firestick. To use this method, you will need to have an Android phone (Android 5 or newer), a fast internet connection, and a sideloading app on your phone (Apps2Fire is a popular free choice among many users as it allows you to directly run the Spectrum TV app, without the need to rely on the APK versions).
The steps to take to install Spectrum TV app on Firestick using Android:
- Use your Android smartphone and install Apps2Fire on it.
- Then, download the free Spectrum TV app from the Play Store or Amazon Store (if it’s available in your region).
- Open the Apps2Fire on your phone. Then navigate to the ‘Setup’, where you need to enter the IP address of your Firestick (To find your Firestick’s IP go to Device > About > Network). After entering the IP, tap ‘Save’. With this step, the phone and the Firestick will be connected over the wireless network.
- Swipe the screen to ‘Local Apps’, where you should see the Spectrum TV app. Select it and hit ‘Install’. This will initiate the remote uploading process (keep in mind that this step can take a few minutes).
- The installation of the app will automatically start on the FireStick, as soon as the uploading is completed. Once the installation is finished, you will be alerted.
- Now it is time to reap the results; press the ‘Home’ button on your Firestick remote control, and use it to navigate to ‘Apps’, where you should find the newly installed Spectrum TV app.
- Run the Spectrum TV app, sign in and enjoy.
Do you want to learn more about How To Download & Install Spectrum App on Smart TV
How To Update The Spectrum TV App On Firestick?
Looking at the various methods above, you may see that most of them use sideloading or other workaround methods that will make the automated updating of the app impossible. Actually, the only method that will work with automated updates is the one where you are able to install the Spectrum TV app directly from the Amazon app store (which is restricted to certain locations).
To overcome this update issue, you will need to do the following: whenever an update is available, you just need to uninstall the application and install it back as shown in the above steps. We know this is not ideal but it will give you a chance to enjoy the Spectrum TV app on Firestick.
Note: In case you are using the APK links, you need to keep in mind that every time the Spectrum TV app has an update, you need a new APK link.
In case you also need information about How To Add Apps To Vizio Smart TV feel free to go through our past articles.
What is Spectrum TV?
Spectrum TV Stream is an American over-the-top internet television service owned by Charter Communications. All the services, including movies, live channels, and TV shows are available to Charter Spectrum customers (you need to have a valid subscription).
Can You Get Spectrum App on Firestick?
Yes. There are several methods that can help you get the Spectrum TV app on Firestick. For details, check the ‘How to download and Install Spectrum app on Firestick?’ section above.
Why do you need a VPN for Firestick?
The use of VPN is not essential, however, it is recommended and it can make the whole ‘Spectrum TV app on Firestick’ experience smoother. Keep in mind that some exclusive apps can be accessed on Firestick only via side loading. Since some of these apps may have some copyrighted content, the process of sideloading can be risky and your IP address can be easily tracked by your ISP. In order to avoid these issues, protect your privacy, and overcome the geographically based restrictions, you can use a VPN service (which basically redirects your IP address by using other servers).
Which VPN services are best for the Spectrum app?
There are many quality VPN providers out there. We can recommend ExpressVPN, as it is one of the fastest and most secure VPN service providers. It gives you a high level of protection and overcomes your geo-restriction issues with ease.
How many devices can use the Spectrum TV app?
According to the official Spectrum customer support answer, you can have unlimited TV channel app streams if you are accessing your programming from your home WiFi. However, you may be limited to two simultaneous streams per account while outside your home.
What devices are compatible with the Spectrum TV app?
- Apple iOS phone/tablet (iPhone 5S or newer, iPad – Air and Pro, 5th gen or newer and Mini 2 or newer), iPod Touch (6th gen or newer) running iOS 12 or higher.
- Apple TV (running tvOS 12 or higher).
- Kindle Fire (All models running Android 5.0 or higher, including Kindle Fire HDX except first-generation Kindle Fire).
- Android (All tablets and phones running Android 5.0 or higher).
- Roku (All Roku players and TVs excluding first-generation).
- Xbox One (All Xbox One models).
- Samsung Smart TV (2012 model and newer).
Note: To stream on Roku, Xbox One, and Samsung Smart TV you will need a Charter-authorized modem. To use this App, you will require to sign in to the Spectrum TV app and to download the App on any compatible device.
Can you add channels to Spectrum streaming?
With the Spectrum TV App, you get to access the full TV lineup and up to 50,000 On Demand shows and movies. That means you can add channels as they are already all included.
How much does the Spectrum TV app cost?
The Spectrum TV app is free. However, it may only be used by Spectrum subscribers, as it requires you to sign in to access the content. Spectrum TV normally starts at $44.99/mo (the price may vary from area to area).
Can you share Spectrum streaming?
Yes. Outside your home internet, two devices may use your login details and thus use the Spectrum TV app.
Why is the Spectrum TV app unavailable on Firestick?
The Spectrum TV app is available on Firestick only in certain areas due to the geo-restriction policy.
Is the Spectrum TV app free?
Yes, the app is free. However, to access the content, you need to have an active subscription.
What type of content can you watch using the Spectrum app?
The Spectrum TV app enables you to watch on-demand movies and TV shows (over 50,000) and about 250 live channels.
Is using Spectrum TV on Firestick legal?
The use of the Spectrum TV app on Firestick is 100% legal only in areas where the app is available directly via the Amazon App Store. Other workaround methods listed above are not completely legal. Thus, we highly recommend using a VPN service to stay on the safe side.
Feel free to go through our past articles, which will provide you with all the details How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV
Wrapping Things Up
We have covered a lot. You now know that there are several options of how to get Spectrum TV on Forestick. You also know that only one of them is 100% legal. This is why we recommend using a VPN service in case you decide to go with any alternative methods.
Despite the fact that may require some additional work to get the Spectrum TV app on Firestick, we believe it is highly worth the effort as it gives you access to countless great and high-quality content. If you already own a Spectrum subscription and Amazon Firestick, you should definitely make use of this article.
You can read our past articles, which will provide you with all the details How To Download And Install Apps On Philips Smart TV Smart TV